JMS campaign in three electoral constituencies for basic community rights and communal harmony: ELECTORAL CANDIDATES SHOULD PROMOTE COMMUNAL HARMONY
JMS campaigned in 50 villages coming under three legislative constituencies – Manvi, Sindhanur and Maski – of Raichru district. They also submitted charter of demands: the demands included right of the communities for basic necessities –
(1) basic primary health care services should be made available for all in the government primary health centres
(2) Reform of the public distribution system and alternative arrangements of PDS for those who are deprived of it due to the bio-metric system
(3) Ensuring proper functioning and accountability of gram panchayats – regular conduct of gram sabhas and inquiry should be held in all the GPs on the irregularity of allocation of welfare schemes in the last five years
(4) Ensure timely and regular reach of all social security schemes especially pensions to the needy
(5) No contesting candidate should promote or encourage communal conflicts and they should promote communal harmony.