Association of India’s Development (AID)
AID friends from various university chapters of USA supported the various social experiments that JMS did with the the Dalit communities in Raichur district.
The support during 2002-2006 phase included, among others, the following notable initiatives:
1. Community Land Development of Dalits
2. Setting up Chiguru Enterprise of JMS : Terracotta unit, Neem fertiliser unit by way of seed money to learn, exposures and supporting initial marketing
3. Supporting community health workers and herbal medicine unit
4. Tractor to support community development work
5. Fellowship for JMS activists: A few of the activists were given to continue with the social experiment at JMS
Rehabilitation during 2009 floods: AID pitched in with emergency help during 2009 floods in which JMS office itself and communities around were devastated.
A few of the AID friends still continue to support the marketing of the Terracotta Jewellery in different places and sustain the Chiguru unit which is autonomously run by a section of enterprising Dalit Women leaders of JMS.