Dr. Kaaren Mathias and Dr. Jeph Mathias work in Uttarakhand with Emmanuel Hospital Association. They along with their Tambourine Trust members, have supported JMS carry on and sustain the community mobilisation work with Dalit communities. Being public health professionals and committed to social transformation, they have endorsed the work of JMS in community organising, empowerment of Dalit women, social justice, violence against women and mental health of the community.
- Innovative teaching and learning for Dalit children at Chilipili Child Labour School
- Campaign against violence against women based on gender and caste
- Community health and mental health
- Savitribai Phule Scholarship for Dalit Girls for Higher Education – it is set up with their support: this was initiated at the Decennial Celebrations of JMS in 2011 and will be formally launched during 2015-16, during the 15th year of JMS
- Community health and health rights work at JMS and in Raichur district